Dear frozen yogurt enthusiast,
Happy National Frozen Yogurt Month! Prime froyo eating season is upon us and we'd like to recognize the delicious creative froyo flavors out there.
The Creative Froyo Flavor Awards contest seeks to find the best creative froyo flavors. The IFYA and FrozenDessertSupplies.com invite froyo shops to submit their creative froyo flavors by July 15. Winners will receive froyo supplies from FrozenDessertSupplies.
It's easy to enter: Just take a picture of the flavor card for that flavor and a picture of the frozen yogurt flavor you are submitting and upload your picture to the IFYA Facebook page by midnight PST on 7/15/2014.
No Purchase is Necessary.
A panel of experts from IFYA, FrozenDessertSupplies.com and Nanci's Frozen Yogurt will choose the top 5 flavors and then the public will choose the winning flavors during the voting period. The flavor with the most votes will win the grand prize. The runner up, the flavor with the second highest vote count, will receive the 2nd place prize.
Full contest rules can be found at: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/official-rules-creative-froyo-flavor-awards-contest/
In this edition of the newsletter, we'll cover:
- IFYA news
- Special offers for IFYA members
- Industry news from our press room
- Preview of what we're working on for next month
Be a froyo ambassador for the IFYA! Please help us grow our frozen yogurt community by telling others about the IFYA, including your friends and the froyo shops you frequent. If you haven't already registered for your free IFYA membership, join today.
IFYA News & Special Offers
Frozen Yogurt Trends: With National Frozen Yogurt Month upon is, we take a look at current trends in frozen yogurt interest: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/national-frozen-yogurt-month-week-day/
Resources for Potential Frozen Yogurt Franchisees: Are you considering becoming a froyo franchise? We compiled a list of helpful websites and articles for you: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/resources-potential-franchisees/
Why Offer Custom Creative Froyo Flavors? We discuss several reasons why froyo shops should offer custom, creative froyo flavors: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/new-trends-frozen-yogurt/
Special Offer on Payroll & HR Services: The International Frozen Yogurt Association (IFYA) has partnered with Payality, a highly trusted and affordable payroll and employee management solution provider, to bring special savings on payroll and HR services to frozen yogurt shops.
Visit http://www.payality.com/ifya for additional information.
Special Offer on Worker's Comp Insurance: IFYA is pleased to partner with California’s workers’ comp experts, Select Marketing Insurance Services, to offer California frozen yogurt shop owners special group rates. SMI’s special group rates are significantly lower than rates small frozen yogurt shops can get on their own. They are known for offering frozen yogurt shops the best combination of price, stability and coverage with A+ rated Preferred Employers Insurance Company.
For additional information and a cost saving workers’ compensation quote, contact Steve Feemster, SMI Insurance at (619) 346-2214 or email@example.com
IFYA Trade Member Discounts: IFYA members are eligible for a wide range of discounts, including:
- Free shipping on all Spaceman USA equipment when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 15% off Jefe toppings dispensers. To redeem, mention IFYA and your IFYA username when you call Forte Supply at (720) 328-1431
- 15% off your Nanci's Frozen Yogurt purchase when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 20% off your FrozenDessertSupplies.com order (discount can only be used once) when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 10% off your first GoDivide order when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
IFYA Promotion: Be the First Swirl of Honor Shop in Your Area for Free: We want to see Swirl of Honor decals across the world. The IFYA will waive the application fee for any shop that is the first to apply for the Swirl of Honor program in its "area." By first in your area, we mean the following:
- United States: Be the first shop to apply in your state
- Canada: Be the first shop to apply in your province or territory
- Outside of the US and Canada: Be the first to apply in your country, when the Swirl of Honor program is available in your country.
The Swirl of Honor program is available in two dozen countries. The complete list of countries can be found in the Swirl of Honor program FAQs.
To check to see if you are the first shop to apply in your area, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frozen Yogurt Industry News
The IFYA tracks frozen yogurt industry news and posting links to noteworthy articles in our Press Room. We've selected a few headlines from this month. Submit your frozen yogurt industry news to us at email@example.com. For more articles, please visit the IFYA Press Room at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/press-room/
- June 16,2014: Red Mango Celebrates 300th Location With the Debut of Red Mango Yogurt Cafe & Juice Bar in Oak Park, IL
- June 10, 2014: Pinkberry Creates Three New Summer Taste Experiences and Asks Fans to Showcase Their Own Creations via a Nationwide “My Summer Obsession” Contest
- June 8, 2014: Frobot, a Frozen Yogurt Vending Machine Rolls Its Way into D.C.
- June 5, 2014: U-Swirl, Inc. Reports F2014 Operating Results
- June 2, 2014: Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Introduces New Blackberry Flavor
- May 30, 2014: Yogurt Mountain Serves Up Tropical-Themed Desserts in Summer “Swirl Away” Promotion
- May 30, 2014: Summer Cooler Flavurs are Here (at Yogen Fruz)
- May 28, 2014: TCBY “World of Fro-Yo” Embarks on Around-the-World Palate Experience”
What We're Working On
Creative Froyo Flavor Awards Contest. The deadline for submitting froyo flavors is July 15. After the judging period concludes, the public will vote on their favorite creative froyo flavors.
IFYA Ad & Sponsorship Fees Reduced: We'll announce the new, lower fees soon.
New Look for IFYA Website: It's coming soon. The new homepage will include several design changes, including a newsfeed.