It’s time for a look back at the new froyo flavors of 2015 and the froyo flavor trends that we spotted. We did notice that there were fewer new flavors this year compared to last with an uptick in churro froyo, salted flavors, and pie inspired flavors.
Sorbets and non-dairy options are still popular, with Pinkberry coming out with its first non-dairy Just Fruit flavors. Their soft serve fruit product is gluten free with no added sugars. sweetFrog opted to carry Chloe’s Soft Serve Fruit, which is made with fruit, water and a touch of organic cane sugar. Menchie’s had a Sorbet Extravaganza this summer.
New non-dairy flavors included:
- Menchie’s Carrot Orange Boost Sorbet, Fudgy Chocolate Sorbet, Wild Cherry Sorbet with a splash of lime
- Pinkberry’s Peach Passion and Mango Just Fruit
- TCBY’s Limeade Sorbet
- Yogen Fruz’s Pink Lemonade Sorbet
- Yogurtland’s Blood Orange Ice, Pineapple Sorbet, Grape Freeze Sorbet, Big Pop Sorbet, Orange Fizz Sorbet, Blue Raspberry Sorbet
While sorbets and non-dairy flavors offered a light, refreshing treat, indulgent flavors inspired by pies, cookies, and candy are always popular.
New indulgent flavors included:
- Menchie’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Slam Dunk, Cookie Butter, Nutella, Twisted Cinnamon Churro, Pan’s Pixie Dusted Sugar Cookie, Caramel Coconut Cookie Crunch, Chocolate Mint Crème, Spiced Gingerbread Cookie, Southern Pecan Pie, Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownie, Freshly Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
- Orange Leaf: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Toasted Marshmallow
- Pinkberry’s Sea Salt Chocolate, Raspberry White Chocolate, Mexican Chocolate, Cinnamon Churro, Chocolate Churro
- Red Mango’s Banana Cream Pie, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie, Snickerdoodle
- Yogurtland’s Churro, Salted Dark Chocolate, Peanut Nougat with almond butter & honey gelato, Banana Pudding, Salted Caramel Gelato, Cupcake Carnival, Maple Donut, Vanilla Malt, Chocolate Truffle, Candy Clouds, Minty Meadow, Strawberry Shortcake Pop, Chocolate Banana a’peel, Cinnamon Coconut
A wide range of beverages inspired new froyo flavors this year (as they did last year), including:
- Menchie’s Spiced Chai Latte
- Pinkberry’s Strawberry Margarita, Pink Bubbly
- Orange Leaf’s Salted Caramel Latte
- Yogurtland’s NSA Espresso Float Lemonade Lake
Acai was spotted in various forms, including:
- 16 Handles’ Acai Elixir smoothie and Acai bowls at select locations that serve breakfast
- Menchie’s Power pomegranate acai
- Yogurtland tested breakfast items, including the build your own Awesome Bowl acai at multiple locations.
We’re excited to try Pinkberry’s new Coconut Milk flavors.