Dear frozen yogurt enthusiast,
Happy new year! We've been busy planning for the new year and looking forward to a year of growth. We're hoping to bring you more contests, special offers, and news.
Our preferred partner for credit card processing, Green Payment Solutions, is currently running a limited time promotion, offering a free chip reader.
* To qualify for the free chip reader terminal, just process over 8K a month and become a Green Payment Solutions customer by February 29, 2015.
If you don’t process 8K a month, Green Payment Solutions can still save you money with its low rate guarantee. For details, visit: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/greenpayment-offer/
We made a few minor changes to our website, including: (1) listing enhanced suppliers in the supplier directory first, (2) restricting access to the Froyo Resources on our website to registered IFYA members. Be sure to log in to access our resources.
In this edition of the newsletter, we'll cover:
• IFYA news
• Special offers for IFYA members
• Industry news from our press room
• Preview of what we're working on for next month
Be a froyo ambassador for the IFYA! Please help us grow our frozen yogurt community by telling others about the IFYA, including your friends and the froyo shops you frequent. If you haven't already registered for your free IFYA membership, join today.
IFYA News & Special Offers
• New Froyo Trucks, the 2014 Update: We published our roundup of froyo trucks last August and it’s time for a froyo truck update. Froyo trucks are still popular, in fact this year’s list of openings is the longest yet. Read more: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/new-froyo-trucks-2014-update/
• Froyo Flavor Trends of 2014: 2014 was another big year for new froyo flavors and we were busy keeping track of them. Several flavor trends emerged. Read more: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/froyo-flavor-trends-2014/
• 2015 Trade Shows and Open Houses: The list includes open houses and trade shows that would be of interest to frozen yogurt store operators (both current and prospective). Read more: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/2015-froyo-trade-shows-open-houses/
Discounts on Business Compliance Packages: We've partnered with Payality, a highly trusted and affordable business compliance solution provider, to offer three comprehensive business compliance packages for frozen yogurt shops. IFYA premium members can choose from 3 different compliance packages, all discounted more than 20% for IFYA members. For additional information on this offer, please visit http://www.payality.com/ifya/
Special Offer on Worker's Comp Insurance: IFYA is pleased to partner with California’s workers’ comp experts, Select Marketing Insurance Services, to offer California frozen yogurt shop owners special group rates. SMI’s special group rates are significantly lower than rates small frozen yogurt shops can get on their own. They are known for offering frozen yogurt shops the best combination of price, stability and coverage with A+ rated Preferred Employers Insurance Company. For additional information and a cost saving workers’ compensation quote, contact Steve Feemster, SMI Insurance at (619) 346-2214 or email@example.com
SMI provides helpful tips on how to avoid electrical shocks at your shop: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/ifya/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Retail-Electrical-Safety.pdf
Other IFYA Trade Member Discounts: IFYA members are eligible for a wide range of discounts, including:
• Free shipping on all Spaceman USA equipment when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
• 15% off Jefe toppings dispensers. To redeem, mention IFYA and your IFYA username when you call Forte Supply at (720) 328-1431
• 15% off your Nanci's Frozen Yogurt purchase when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
• 20% off your FrozenDessertSupplies.com order (discount can only be used once) when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
• 10% off your first GoDivide order when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
Be the First Swirl of Honor Shop in Your Area for Free: We want to see Swirl of Honor decals across the world.The IFYA will waive the application fee for any shop that is the first to apply for the Swirl of Honor program in its "area." By first in your area, we mean the following:
• United States: Be the first shop to apply in your state
• Canada: Be the first shop to apply in your province or territory
• Outside of the US and Canada: Be the first to apply in your country, when the Swirl of Honor program is available in your country.
The Swirl of Honor program is available in two dozen countries. The complete list of countries can be found in the Swirl of Honor program FAQs.
To check to see if you are the first shop to apply in your area, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frozen Yogurt Industry News
The IFYA tracks frozen yogurt industry news and posting links to noteworthy articles in our Press Room. We've selected a few headlines from this month. Submit your frozen yogurt industry news to us at email@example.com. For more articles, please visit the IFYA Press Room at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/press-room/
• January 15, 2015: Lakeland Dairies Buys Coolicious Yogurt Firm
• January 13, 2015: U-Swirl, Inc. Reports 246 Percent Increase in Net Income for First Nine Months of FY2015
• January 12, 2015: Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Names Geoff Goodman as New President
• January 9, 2015: Red Mango Founder Dan Kim to Step Down
• January 6, 2015: Yogurtland's Salted Caramel Pecan Takes Top Honors as Best All Around Flavor in Second Annual Fan Choice Awards
• December 29, 2014: Ghirardelli Chocolate and Orange Leaf Feature Three Decadent Froyo Flavors Made with Ghirardelli Chocolate
• December 23, 2014: Warm Up at Yogurty's: Leading Frozen Yogurt Chain Introduces Hot Winter Menu and Sweet Deals
• December 12, 2014: Menchie's Army: How Apple, Disney and the Israeli Military Inspire America's Largest Frozen Yoghurt Chain
What We're Working On
Exclusive Content. We'll talk to Pinkberry about turning 10 years old and report from the 1st LA Cookie Con & Sweets Show (keeping an eye out for froyo relevant news).