Dear frozen yogurt enthusiast,
The search for the best creative froyo flavors is over. The two winning flavors of the Creative Froyo Flavor Awards contest are:
1st Place: Strawberries & Cream from Yotopia Iowa City
2nd Place: Thai Iced Tea from Yogurt Hut in Southern Oregon
Congrats to the winners! Both will receive froyo supplies from contest sponsor, FrozenDessertSupplies.com
The IFYA newsfeed is live on the IFYA homepage. Visit the homepage and you'll see the latest news stories from the IFYA.
In this edition of the newsletter, we'll cover:
• IFYA news
• Special offers for IFYA members
• Industry news from our press room
• Preview of what we're working on for next month
Be a froyo ambassador for the IFYA! Please help us grow our frozen yogurt community by telling others about the IFYA, including your friends and the froyo shops you frequent. If you haven't already registered for your free IFYA membership, join today.
IFYA News & Special Offers
Announcing the Winners of the 2014 Creative Froyo Flavor Awards: Theh IFYA and FrozenDessertSupplies.com launched the first “Creative Froyo Flavor Awards” contest to find the best creative froyo flavors. Two and a half months later, the search has ended and we’re proud to announce the fan favorites: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/announcing-winners-2014-creative-froyo-flavor-awards/
IFYA Tote Bag Winners: Congrats to the winners of the limited edition IFYA froyo tote bags. The winners correctly answered IFYA trivia questions: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/ifya-froyo-tote-bag-winners/
The Design Story Behind Alpine Chill: Customers stepping inside the doors were surprised by a delightful change of pace, a design from Mindful Design Consulting that was a refreshing take on an ice cream parlor: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/design-story-behind-alpine-chill/
Focus on Froyo Shop Safety: Learn how to store and use fire extinguishers at your froyo shop. This safety article is provided by IFYA's partner, Select Marketing Insurance, a Preferred Employers Insurance company: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/?p=3042
Special Offer on Worker's Comp Insurance: IFYA is pleased to partner with California’s workers’ comp experts, Select Marketing Insurance Services, to offer California frozen yogurt shop owners special group rates. SMI’s special group rates are significantly lower than rates small frozen yogurt shops can get on their own. They are known for offering frozen yogurt shops the best combination of price, stability and coverage with A+ rated Preferred Employers Insurance Company.
For additional information and a cost saving workers’ compensation quote, contact Steve Feemster, SMI Insurance at (619) 346-2214 or email@example.com
Special Offer on Payroll & HR Services: The International Frozen Yogurt Association (IFYA) has partnered with Payality, a highly trusted and affordable payroll and employee management solution provider, to bring special savings on payroll and HR services to frozen yogurt shops.
Visit http://www.payality.com/ifya for additional information.
IFYA Trade Member Discounts: IFYA members are eligible for a wide range of discounts, including:
• Free shipping on all Spaceman USA equipment when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
• 15% off Jefe toppings dispensers. To redeem, mention IFYA and your IFYA username when you call Forte Supply at (720) 328-1431
• 15% off your Nanci's Frozen Yogurt purchase when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
• 20% off your FrozenDessertSupplies.com order (discount can only be used once) when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
• 10% off your first GoDivide order when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
IFYA Promotion: Be the First Swirl of Honor Shop in Your Area for Free: We want to see Swirl of Honor decals across the world. The IFYA will waive the application fee for any shop that is the first to apply for the Swirl of Honor program in its "area." By first in your area, we mean the following:
• United States: Be the first shop to apply in your state
• Canada: Be the first shop to apply in your province or territory
• Outside of the US and Canada: Be the first to apply in your country, when the Swirl of Honor program is available in your country.
The Swirl of Honor program is available in two dozen countries. The complete list of countries can be found in the Swirl of Honor program FAQs.
To check to see if you are the first shop to apply in your area, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frozen Yogurt Industry News
The IFYA tracks frozen yogurt industry news and posting links to noteworthy articles in our Press Room. We've selected a few headlines from this month. Submit your frozen yogurt industry news to us at email@example.com. For more articles, please visit the IFYA Press Room at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/press-room/
• August 21, 2014: Chesterfield Based Sweet Frog Ranks No. 22 on Inc. 500's List of Fast-Growing Companies
• August 20,2014: Cold Stone Creamery Japan Intros New Frozen Yogurt Bar
• July 31, 2014: Menchie's Collaborates with Make-A-Wish
• July 30, 2014: Yogurty's First Major Expansion in Western Canada
• July 29, 2014: 2014 Second 100: Why Menchie's is the No. 10 Fastest Growing Chain
• July 29, 2014: TCBY and Mrs. Fields Will Debut Dual Brand Locations in LA
• July 29, 2014: FreshBerry Opens 20th Location in Saudi Arabia
What We're Working On
Frozen Yogurt Chain Store Count. It's coming next week. The IFYA will reveal the largest frozen yogurt chains.
Frozen Yogurt as the State Food of California Campaign Launch: Look for IFYA's petition to make frozen yogurt the official state food of California. When you see it, sign it.
New Member Discount: We are looking to add a valuable new benefit for frozen yogurt shops. Stay tuned for details.