Dear frozen yogurt enthusiast,
We're back from the National Restaurant Association show in Chicago, IL with three blog posts about the show. The posts cover new frozen yogurt industry trends, products and technologies and the first Swirl of Excellence frozen yogurt competition.
And we've added a valuable new member benefit with our new partner and payroll and HR services specialist, Payality. IFYA members who sign up with Payality will receive special discounts on payroll and other HR services, including a 20% price savings guarantee over their current payroll solution.
In this edition of the newsletter, we'll cover:
- IFYA news
- Special offers for IFYA members
- Industry news from our press room
- Preview of what we're working on for next month
Be a froyo ambassador for the IFYA! Please help us grow our frozen yogurt community by telling others about the IFYA, including your friends and the froyo shops you frequent. If you haven't already registered for your free IFYA membership, join today.
IFYA News & Special Offers
NRA Show Recap: Frozen Yogurt Machines, POS, Packaging, etc. IFYA reports on what's new with froyo machines, direct from the NRA Show: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/nra-show-recap-frozen-yogurt-machines-packaging-pos-etc/
NRA Show Recap: Frozen Yogurt Mixes and Froyo Franchises: IFYA’s report on frozen yogurt industry trends focuses on froyo mixes and franchises. Read: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/nra-show-recap-frozen-yogurt-mixes-froyo-franchises/
NRA Show Recap: Swirl of Excellence Frozen Yogurt Competition: Congratulations to Montebianco for winning the Swirl of Excellence Award, sponsored by Revel Systems. Read: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/nra-show-report-swirl-excellence-frozen-yogurt-competition/
Franchise Chatter’s Report on Frozen Yogurt Franchises: What’s the state of frozen yogurt franchises? Hear what Franchise Chatter has to say. Read: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/franchise-chatter-report-gives-latest-scoop-frozen-yogurt-franchises/
NEW: Special Offer on Payroll & HR Services: The International Frozen Yogurt Association (IFYA) has partnered with Payality, a highly trusted and affordable payroll and employee management solution provider, to bring special savings on payroll and HR services to frozen yogurt shops.
IFYA members who sign up with Payality will receive
- 20% price savings guarantee over their current payroll solution
- Free pay-as-you-go workers comp payment option (a $12 per pay period savings)
- All set-up fees waived (a $150 savings)
- No extra charge for quarterly payroll tax returns
- No extra cost for direct deposit or VISA pay cards
- Free Labor Law Poster sent annually (a $50 savings)
- Free Employee Handbook (a $300 savings)
- Unlimited phone support from a certified HR professional
Visit http://www.payality.com/ifya for additional information.
Special Offer on Worker's Comp Insurance: IFYA is pleased to partner with California’s workers’ comp experts, Select Marketing Insurance Services, to offer California frozen yogurt shop owners special group rates. SMI’s special group rates are significantly lower than rates small frozen yogurt shops can get on their own. They are known for offering frozen yogurt shops the best combination of price, stability and coverage with A+ rated Preferred Employers Insurance Company.
For additional information and a cost saving workers’ compensation quote, contact Steve Feemster, SMI Insurance at (619) 346-2214 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IFYA Trade Member Discounts: IFYA members are eligible for a wide range of discounts, including:
- Free shipping on all Spaceman USA equipment when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 15% off Jefe toppings dispensers. To redeem, mention IFYA and your IFYA username when you call Forte Supply at (720) 328-1431
- 15% off your Nanci's Frozen Yogurt purchase when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 20% off your FrozenDessertSupplies.com order (discount can only be used once) when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 10% off your first GoDivide order when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
IFYA Promotion: Be the First Swirl of Honor Shop in Your Area for Free: We want to see Swirl of Honor decals across the world. The IFYA will waive the application fee for any shop that is the first to apply for the Swirl of Honor program in its "area." By first in your area, we mean the following:
- United States: Be the first shop to apply in your state
- Canada: Be the first shop to apply in your province or territory
- Outside of the US and Canada: Be the first to apply in your country, when the Swirl of Honor program is available in your country.
The Swirl of Honor program is available in two dozen countries. The complete list of countries can be found in the Swirl of Honor program FAQs.
To check to see if you are the first shop to apply in your area, email us at email@example.com. The complimentary membership period is for one year from the date your application is processed and approved.
Frozen Yogurt Industry News
The IFYA tracks frozen yogurt industry news and posting links to noteworthy articles in our Press Room. We've selected a few headlines from this month. Submit your frozen yogurt industry news to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more articles, please visit the IFYA Press Room at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/press-room/
- May 13, 2014: Red Mango Parent Forms Company to Buy, Grow Smaller Brands
- May 12, 2014: Pineapples, Tangerines and Peanuts, Oh My: Yogurtland’s New Flavors Highlight Real Ingredients
- May 12, 2014: YEH! Yogurt and Cafe Launches in China
- May 12, 2014: Dannon Oikos Introduces New Line of Greek Frozen Yogurt
- May 8, 2014: Argosy Group International Acquires Donper America
- May 7, 2014: 16 Handles Unveils Caramel Popcorn Finale in Support of the 68th Annual Tony Awards
- May 1, 2014: Summer “Flavor Explosion” Highlights Zinga! Frozen Yogurt’s Season of Expansion
- May 1, 2014: Baskin-Robbins Launches Better-for-you Super Yumberry Greek Frozen Yogurt Just in Time for Summer
- April 30, 2014: Menchie’s Introduces a Flavor with Triple the Berries for May
- April 30, 2014: Menchie’s Celebrates Opening of 400th Store
- April 30, 2014: Famous Brands Developing Dual Brand Stores Featuring TCBY and Mrs. Fields
What We're Working On
New Contest for Frozen Yogurt Shops: We're searching across the US for the most unique and appealing frozen yogurt flavor. The new contest will launch the first week of June.
New Look for IFYA Website: Changes are ahead for the IFYA homepage. The new homepage will include several design changes, including a newsfeed.