Dear frozen yogurt enthusiast,
Time is running out to enter the "Put Your Best Cup Forward" cup design contest brought to you by CarryOutSupplies.com and the IFYA. We're accepting entries till 3/31/2014.
THE PRIZE: 10,000 custom 16 oz. froyo cups!
New and existing cup designs are eligible. Submit your entries (up to 3 different designs), vote for cup designs, and view the contest details at www.facebook.com/froyoassociation. You can submit your entry on Twitter by tagging your picture with #PutYourBestCupForward by 3/31/2014. To move on to the next round, your design needs at least 10 Facebook votes by 3/31/2014.
In this issue, we'll cover:
- IFYA news
- Special offers for IFYA members
- Industry news from our press room
- Preview of what we're working on for next month
Be a froyo ambassador for the IFYA! Please help us grow our frozen yogurt community by telling others about the IFYA, including your friends and the froyo shops you frequent. If you haven't already registered for your free IFYA membership, join today.
IFYA News & Special Offers
A Look at Machine Served Froyo: It started with full service frozen yogurt shops. Then the self serve format took off. Is machine served next for frozen yogurt consumers? Read more: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/machine-served-froyo/
Top 5 Tips for Leveraging Technology at Your Frozen Yogurt Shop: Chris Ciabarra, Co-Founder and CTO of Revel Systems & IFYA's technology expert provides his top technology tips for froyo shops. Read more: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/technology-frozen-yogurt-shop/
Major Improvements to IFYA Supplier Directory: The IFYA Supplier Directory now supports enhanced listings, self-service tool and member reviews. Read more: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/supplier-directory-improvements/
Zoeyogurt Becomes First Pacific Northwest Recipient of IFYA's Swirl of Honor Program: The Swirl of Honor program is proud to welcome three Zoeyogurt locations, each of which earned the highest honor - three swirls. Read more: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/news/zoeyogurt-earns-three-swirls-ifyas-swirl-honor-program-first-recipient-pacific-northwest/
IFYA Trade Member Discounts: We added another valuable member discount. IFYA members can now save 15% off your Nanci's Frozen Yogurt purchase when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username.
IFYA members are also eligible for:
- Free shipping on all Spaceman USA equipment when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 15% off Jefe toppings dispensers. To redeem, mention IFYA and your IFYA username when you call Forte Supply at (720) 328-1431
- 20% off your FrozenDessertSupplies.com order (discount can only be used once) when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
- 10% off your first GoDivide order when you mention IFYA and your IFYA username
IFYA Promotion: Be the First Swirl of Honor Shop in Your Area for Free: We want to see Swirl of Honor decals across the world. The IFYA will waive the application fee for any shop that is the first to apply for the Swirl of Honor program in its "area." By first in your area, we mean the following:
- United States: Be the first shop to apply in your state
- Canada: Be the first shop to apply in your province or territory
- Outside of the US and Canada: Be the first to apply in your country, when the Swirl of Honor program is available in your country.
The Swirl of Honor program is available in two dozen countries. The complete list of countries can be found in the Swirl of Honor program FAQs.
To check to see if you are the first shop to apply in your area, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The complimentary membership period is for one year from the date your application is processed and approved.
Special Offer on Worker's Comp Insurance: IFYA is pleased to partner with California’s workers’ comp experts, Select Marketing Insurance Services, to offer California frozen yogurt shop owners special group rates. SMI’s special group rates are significantly lower than rates small frozen yogurt shops can get on their own. They are known for offering frozen yogurt shops the best combination of price, stability and coverage with A+ rated Preferred Employers Group (PEG).
Contusions, lacerations, strains, sprains, fractures and concussions are the most common result of slip, trips and falls. Falls are the number one cause of injury in the workplace because people have a tendency to “walk right by” the unsafe condition that can cause an accident. Read Preferred Employers Group’s tips for preventing slips, trips and falls: http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/ifya/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IFYA-Safety-Topic-Slip-and-Fall.pdf
To get more information and a cost saving workers’ compensation quote, contact Steve Feemster, SMI Insurance at (619) 346-2214 or email@example.com
Frozen Yogurt Industry News
The IFYA tracks frozen yogurt industry news and posting links to noteworthy articles in our Press Room. We've selected a few headlines from this month. Submit your frozen yogurt industry news to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more articles, please visit the IFYA Press Room at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/press-room/
- March 17, 2014: FIS to Power Mobile Application for One of the Nation’s Fastest-growing Frozen Yogurt Chains
- March 14, 2014: 16 Handles Expands Frozen Yogurt Flavor Menu and Launches Contest
- March 5, 2014: ChillboxUSA, the Original and All Natural Greek Yogurt Company is Coming to the United States from Athens
- March 4, 2014: Menchie’s CEO Reappearing on ‘Undercover Boss’
- March 4, 2014: Froyo Bonbons Wrapped in Edible Skins
- March 3, 2014: Yogurtland’s Second Annual Flavor Quest Will Take Guests on an Epic Culinary Adventure Around the World
- March 3, 2014: New Pistachio Flavor Introduced by Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
- February 28, 2014: Menchie’s Rolls Out Chocolate Dunk’d Waffle Bowls and Key Lime Pie Flavor for March
- February 20, 2014: TCBY and Mrs. Fields Unite to Offer – And Celebrate – The Sweetest Pair
- February 20, 2014: U-Swirl, Inc. Acquires Fuzzy Peach Frozen Yogurt
What We're Working On
Cup Design Winner: The winner of the Put Your Best Cup Forward cup design contest will be announced on 4/11/2014. Voting ends on 3/31/2014 and the judges will select a winner from the eligible entries.
Eco Awareness Month: Earth Day 2014 falls on April 22. We will be covering eco-friendly topics all next month.